Monday, December 3, 2012

The Ribbon, or How Sara Got Her Groove Back

Hello again everyone! I have started writing poetry again, and soon I will be doing other writing, so here goes my first new post of this new phase in my blogging life:

The Ribbon

through closed eyes i see the sunlight streaming through the shades
throwing a golden haze over the room
my hair lies across your chest my hand holds your heart and i feel its beat
pulsing all the way through my whole body,
filling my arm, my chest, my legs, my mind
as mine begins to dance
a viennese waltz to the rhythm of yours, matching up time
pulling me into your trance
perfectly still and totally alive, our bodies feel as one,
the warmth of day on our skin
the cool rush of the bedsheets as our ankles brush against them,
this wholeness
the colors of your thoughts, the taste of your emotion
flow through my brain and slip away, just as i reach out to grab them
so i sit back and watch the beautiful, swirling parade go by,
catching longing here and joy there,
until i see a ribbon of blue swirl by, making heart shapes in the sky with every bounding leap.
i chase it to no avail, and,
having lost it,
i open my eyes to see the mind’s construction in the face,
to understand,
to be free of wondering what such a thing might mean -

And it’s 2am, and I lie, in dark solitude, on my extra-long twin bed, facing the wall, hugging air and clinging to the story of a memory of a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment