Monday, February 18, 2013

Try?

i’ve been told that in a perfect relationship, you always have to try.

try your hardest, and if it doesn’t work out, your hardest wasn’t hard enough
or maybe your hardest just wasn’t enough for them
so just wait,
someone will come around who only needs your hardest
but he doesn’t try
he never tries
he just wakes up every morning
and speaks
and walks
and writes
and dances.
but when he speaks, his voice rumbles through the air and its resonance shakes away whatever vapid thoughts could pervade the space and replaces them with brilliance;
and when he walks, he doesn’t move over the earth, nor does the earth move under him, but it moves with him, and they exist in almost perfect symbiosis, so that the earth invites me to move in their rhythm so sweetly I can’t help but accept;
and when he writes, his pen lets forth the most beautiful words I could ever read in curling wisps of sweet verbal smoke in a closed room, swirling through the air for ages before it permeates my clothes, my brain, my hair, my being;
and when he dances, every step is like a kiss
and every kiss is like a dance.
but he doesn’t try
he never tries
he merely does
and he knows not what he does to me

No comments:

Post a Comment