Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Poem!

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've written a poem all the way through, but we shall wait no more! This has been a particularly eventful week for many reasons, but one lovely moment of it inspired a poem, not because it was the height of the week/weekend, but because it's the only one I can put in words and still feel I'm doing the occurrence justice.
So with that in mind, here's my newest poem (after heavy edits to spare you all the corniness of my thoughts), which is as of yet untitled:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

months lost, wandering
spiraling from corner to corner of the mind
a labyrinth of sound and pheromones with dead ends abounding
and yet suddenly
we stop.
the world slows down to a lilting half speed
and i can smell him in my hair
and i can feel him type through his shoulder
his words spilling out of him
our words spilling out of him
his whole self undulating with our story
underneath my head
as i listen to his voice rumble through my earlobe
a soft, strong hummmmm...
and there are no preconceptions
no pre-ordained paths
only stories
only comfort
only warmth
only him close to me
typing
living in his words
both of us living in his words
our words
and the fog lifts
the walls disappear

there never was a labyrinth;
there never was a game.
there were only the walls i imagined;
there is only warmth,
only comfort,
only stories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the question/thought that goes with this one is this: Tell me about a time when you felt like your entire conception and belief system concerning relationships and love and romance and all that fun stuff fell apart. Or tell me why it hasn't yet, if it hasn't. Or tell me about a beautiful moment where all of a sudden everything made sense again. Or just say hi!
Thanks, and I'll be back soon with new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment